SCS Steel Container Systems Warranty Policy
SCS Steel Container Systems Inc warrants to the original purchaser:
That each product manufactured by SCS Steel Container Systems Inc. to be free from defect in material and workmanship, under normal use and service, for a period of twelve (12) months, excluding roll off containers which have a thirty six (36) month warranty period, subject to the conditions outlined below. The obligation under this Warranty is limited to repair, or replacement with a similar genuine SCS Steel Container Systems Inc. part, any part of the product of the Company’s manufacture that is found to be defective. Vendor components will be warranted as to the manufacturer’s specific warranty for that component.
The warranty period begins the day of delivery to the customer. SCS Steel Container Systems Inc. will furnish without charge, F.O.B. its plant, a similar genuine part to replace any part of a product of the Company’s manufacture which proves to be defective, in normal use and service, during this time. Labour to install or repair such parts will be paid by SCS Steel Container Systems Inc. If this work is to be done by anyone other than SCS Steel Container Systems Inc. personnel, rates and time to complete the work must be preapproved in writing by SCS Steel Container Systems Inc. prior to any work being performed.
This warranty shall bind the Company only as follows:
1. The Warranty shall be limited to the repair or replacement of defective parts. All other damage, loss, cost or obligation and claim what-so-ever, statutory or otherwise, are hereby waived by the original purchaser/user.
2. The Warranty shall not apply to any failure, or damage incurred through neglect, lack of maintenance, misuse, abuse, accident, improper installation, re-designing of assemblies, ignorance, or through any other cause beyond the control of the Company.
3. The Warranty does not cover products of other manufacturers beyond such warranty as may be made by such manufacturer.
4. The Warranty shall not apply to normal maintenance services, or to deterioration of appearance of items due to normal use and exposure.
5. The Warranty shall not apply when the original purchaser/user has allowed repair and/or service work to be conducted on the product without authorization from the Company.
6. The warranty does not cover transportation costs to or from SCS Steel Container Systems Inc.’s Nanaimo plant if the product must be returned to the plant for repair.
Before any warranty work is conducted, the customer must contact SCS Steel Container Systems Inc. for written authorization. Failure to contact SCS Steel Container Systems Inc. prior to commencement of the work will result in denial of the claim.